01 March, 2011

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.



Penicillin: life saving awesomeness. 

I'm writing this on a Tuesday. Last Wednesday was the last day I went into work, unable to really talk too much, but other than that feeling fine. I was beginning to suspect that I was getting sick... 
Thursday it all began... I went to the doctor, tested negative for  type A rapid Strep, was given some cough suppressants and went home. 
Thursday-Sunday became days that I barely remember, coming in and out of a 102 fever. My throat was raw, I couldn't swallow, or barely breathe... miserable. I never thought I'd wish longingly for an IV to provide fluid since I could barely swallow water, much less eat anything.  I managed to munch on a few oyster crackers each day, after handfuls of Ibuprofen. 
Sunday morning my husband called the doctor for the test results that had taken (way, way too much time in my opinion) and discovered I had something like "non-typical" step throat that at this point was affecting my larynx, tonsils, throat, pharynx, etc.... 

Sunday Jason got me the antibiotics, which slowly removed me from what I was sure, was the brink of death. The most miserable days that I can honestly remember- I never, ever thought I'd wish to be in the hospital, or wish to be completely unconscious... 

I love, love, love penicillin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment