07 June, 2011

day 02 - your least favorite song


This is much easier than picking a favorite. 

I'd have to say that the first song that comes to my head... though many qualify, might be the "Hillsdale College Anthem." Sorry DJ $crilla... I just can't embrace this. Though I'll admit I had a good time when you came and played at the college. 


and just in case you needed a refresher on those lyrics... 


[Chorus]
I’m At Da’ Hill…. [I’m At Da’ Hill…]
I’m At Da’ Hill…. [I’m At Da’ Hill…]
I’m At Da’ Hilllllllllll…..
I’m At Da’ Hill…. [I’m At Da’ Hill…]
You know the deal….They do it real….
Just stop and chill…….And what you’ hear?!?!
I’m Hillsdale [I’m Hillsdale…]
You Hillsdale [You Hillsdale…]
I’m Hillsdale [I’m Hillsdale…]
We’re Hillsdale [We’re Hillsdale…]
Yeah, and they’ll get it popping’/ Keeping it 100, When they’re coming, you can’t stop it/
Nobody here can top ‘em/ For real, yeah, Hillsdale – I think we’ve got a problem/
[Verse 1]
Y’all think I do it for the heck of it…/
Don’t confuse it, I do it for schools that go and represent/
And nah It ain’t a lie, I’ll be clear when I mention/
Pi Beta Phi brought this here to my attention/
I’m seeking out some feelers, While reaching out to twitters…/
Trending I got me some jitters, I’m drinking on some Jitters/
Then I hit up Checker Records, I’m checking for my record/
DJ $crilla – ME MYSELF & I – Better check and get it/
I just ask that, you can pass that, to all the “Mac Shack”/
And blast that -- so alum can come and have a flashback/
About they’re old residence, I’m talking Old’s Residence/
The home of first timers, and I’m just being honest/
[Verse 2]
Bout to hit the Garden Party, or maybe Otter’s Army/
Cause the Chargers bring is harder than the throttles on Bugatti’s/
It’s a problem, and you probably, Should dodge ‘em if you shoddy/
Cause we’ll drop ‘em, ain’t no topping’ from a Charger who named Charlie/
And Kappa’s are my medicine…/
Sigma Chi and Delt Sig can attest to all my evidence/
If I need some charm help, then you know I better get/
Penny Arn, like the Delt's, cause they’re discussing etiquette/
And the ATO’s -- Where the ladies go, for sho’, and that’s so evident/
Call me when y’all go and ball at the President’s/
No matter what house you in or your tenements/
Greek Week, Greek’s be fly, they get higher than a Pegasus/
[Verse 3]
Meet me at the clock tower, at the hour 10:18/
It’ll be me & - S.A.B. / Getting down, and yes it be…/
A central calling for you to, Bring ‘em all in the view of/
Getting down with the DJ sound at Centralhallapalooza/
See we run it like a track meet, Where none of them are faculty/
We could hit up “Pimpson”, I mean Simpson with the athletes/
I hear ‘em talking like it’s dinner time…/
Ain’t no shame your walk, when walking to the Finishline/


No comments:

Post a Comment