27 June, 2011

day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere

"For The Morning" Alli Rogers.
Where am I?

I'm in my college dorm room, or anywhere at college, studying and just trying to make it through the night. It might be an all nighter, or just until 3am. It might be any subject, but chances are it's my psych classes, pushing through cognitive the neurobiology until I just can't anymore. It's black outside, no sounds except the turning of pages or creating of note cards.

It's also driving at night- in the rain. When my passenger is asleep, and there's nothing but the miles under my tires. When it just stretches on forever.

the song captures that desperation when I'm just waiting for the morning to get there.
a reminder that God's mercies are, indeed... new every morning. Praising God even when it's midnight.
That desperate plea for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment