11 April, 2010

Ugh, exhausted.

I'm sitting here wearing a pirate flag as a cape.
It's simply necessary, that's all I know how to describe it.

What a busy, tiring weekend. Thankfully today is only Saturday, so tomorrow I can rest some?

SO many wedding details tackled. And I'm blessed enough to have a wonderful fiance who will actually help me make decisions, or just simply make them when I'm past caring or just can't. Shopping for decorations. Measuring stages. Buying fabric. Packing up all my kitchen stuff so I don't have to sort it later. Boxing it. Carrying it. It... doesn't seem to end. My energy and patience sure do though...

Practicing hair and make up for the big day. Thank God, my friend Shannon is doing that. She's amazing. I don't have to stress about money or someone who won't know me and my style (whatever that is, honestly...)

I still haven't managed to unpack from Spring Break, from which I got back Monday. Not that difficult... you'd think.

Jason was here for a good bit of the week, it was fantastic. I'm tired of the traveling, tired of the phone calls and text messages. It's been over three years now, and I'm simply, ready to be his wife. To be done with this long distance.

Someone recently asked me how I handle the long distance relationship, and it made me realize I was in one. Gee, but honestly, after Alaska, with the 5,000 miles and 4 hour time difference when both of us were working, Chicago to Hillsdale when we talk everyday and I see him maybe twice a month- never occurred to me to be distance.

well, I hate it now. I won't see him again until the Graduation/Wedding weekend, which now the count is a month to.

We've grown so much in the Lord, in listening to Him and figuring out our priorities. We've seen the best and yes, the worst in each other. Well, ok, not quite maybe, but definitely close. We've been wise, we've been foolish, we've definitely been silly. I'm tired of the waiting, very close to being tired of planning, and I'm looking forward to our most average and uneventful days, or weeks even.

A month is a long time when you have this much to do. It definitely requires a cape.

No comments:

Post a Comment