25 June, 2011

day 5: Songs that reminds you of People, and follow friday

I love memories. They are so important to human relationships. So I'm going to cheat and choose a few songs and the people they mean to me. I'm also trying to incorporate Follow Friday's (though technically published on Saturday...) into my blog... so this is a convenient way to do it. I decided to pick 5 songs that come up on my play count often who immediately seemed tagged to people .


3x5 (John Meyer): Jason Carr and my trip to Alaska. Jason made me two mix cd's for my 6,000 mile roadtrip. (One way, of course). This song really reminds me to make the most of every moment and not to try to capture everything. Some things... just can't be captured by photographs, or blogs, or even words of any kind. My roadtrip to Alaska was very much that way. This is just one way that he balances me, leads, and loves me.


There Can be Miracles (Prince of Egypt Soundtrack): Kiernan Schroeder and our singing adventures. We had hoped for a while to be able to sing this song as a duet. It would have been fantastic. She's a writer, soon to be a teacher in Colorado. She has literary insight that I lack in so many ways, her blog is so worth a check out.

One Life to live (33 Miles): Victoria Harper. A Christian country/rock band. Worth your time to check them out! In my senior year at college, I actually won tickets to see them in concert as they did a pro-life tour where all donations supported local pregnancy centers. Love the band. Victoria was supposed to go with me, but she has prior obligations, so I took her boyfriend, now husband. Her story is now the opposite of mine: originally living in San Diego, now living on a farm/ranch in the middle of Wyoming. Her blog is raw, honest, and real.

Baba O'Riley (The Who): Shannon Finn. My sister all throughout college! Polar opposites on most things, but a friendship born in the fires of difficulty. She was my kindred spirit through psychology and our Hillsdale journeys. We conquered tears, bad choices, lousy friends together. I love this girl so much! Recently she graduated from IVY LEAGE Penn University with her Masters in Criminology, and then decided to be a nanny in Ireland for the summer. Her adventures, and mishaps- are chronicled on her Wordpress. I think someday it will be a romantic comedy film :) From being mugged in the City of Brotherly Scary People (Philly) and to being hit on by a creepy cross dresser in an Irish pub, she writes vividly.  This song got us through many long study nights together, and will always be tied to her sassy, glamourous and stubborn personality :)

Seth is the dude on the right, and yes I'm in a wedding dress
Bittersweet Symphony (The Verve): Seth Twomey. This guy and I skipped so many classes together. We both joked about how it was bad. He eventually failed a lot of classes and then went to another school and is doing awesome! I managed decent grades and tried to have more self-control. But I have so many amazing, spontaneous memories. This song was always one of our favorites for our random road trips.





No comments:

Post a Comment